Monday, November 18, 2013

Review Onyx

 Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Book Two of Luxen Novels

Available Now

Bookologists Analysis: This book was romantic with a beautiful subplot of a lost sibling and evil twisted supposed friends.

 Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Okay, so right after I read Obsidian I knew I had to read this. The cliffhanger with Katy leaving Daemon was too big to resist. The tension runs high with this book between Daemon and Katy, with the usual cuddling and hot steaming kissing and just the overall issue of too much romance that wants to make you melt into a senseless puddle on the floor.

Blake, meet Blake. He's new straight from Santa Monica, what is with new kids and West Virginia I mean seriously, West Virginia needs a life. He's a surfer a blogger and cute. What could possibly go wrong? I found that I like Blake as one of those best guy friends you have. The ones who know you, but you would never ever date. Blake of course has different ideas. We seem him as sometimes a bit off, but never take assumptions for a granted.

I miss Dee. Dee was the first person we met in West Virginia. She was the only non-jerkish alien. She was our best friend. We start to feel her drift away, despite the best friend relationship we have with her. This awesome girlfriend just floating away WHY? WHY? I believe that some of the best relationships in YA sci-fi/fantasy are the girl best friend one because they are always so close.

Katy now has the freak accidents and they are creepy with the whole books flying off shelves literally re imagined.   Daemon for once has no idea what to do. The Source is something like The Force it runs through everyone and everything, people/aliens have various degrees of control of it.

This is a short review I know, but its a great book. The book is sometimes slow because of the lack of relationships outside of Daemon and Blake that Katy is missing and that is really sad. I am a big advocate of best friend strong relationships. I hope that picks up for Opal. See ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment