Friday, February 14, 2014

Review Evertrue

Evertrue by Brodi Ashton

Available Now

Book Three (Last Book) in Everbound Trilogy

Bookologist Analysis: This book made me just want to stab the book all the way to the Everneath and back.

Now that Nikki has rescued Jack, all she wants is to be with him and graduate high school. But Cole tricked Nikki into feeding off him, and she’s begun the process of turning into an Everliving herself... which means she must feed on a Forfeit soon — or die.

Terrified for her survival, Nikki and Jack begin a desperate attempt to reverse the process using any means possible. Even Cole, who they expected to fight them at every turn, has become an unlikely ally — but how long can it last? Nikki needs to feed on Cole to survive, Cole needs Nikki to gain the throne in the Everneath, Jack needs Nikki because she is everything to him — and together, they must travel back to the Underworld to undo Nikki’s fate and make her mortal once more. But Cole isn’t the only one with plans for Nikki: the Queen has not forgotten Nikki’s treachery, and she wants her destroyed for good. Will Nikki be forced to spend eternity in the Underworld, or does she have what it takes to bring down the Everneath once and for all?


In this stunning conclusion to the Everneath trilogy, Brodi Ashton evokes the resiliency of the human spirit and the indomitable power of true love.

This book was so maddening. It caused me to want to scream more decibels than the human hear are able to handle. It was just a chess game that went on forever with no real closing (don't you love my analogies?).

The second book Everbound hadn't fallen into the sequel slumper status, but the third book was a problem. Jack isn't someone you want to have in the books; I mean he is slow, stupid, and a jock. What is wrong with Nikki? She wants to destroy the Everneath not realizing what it does to people and just why does she still have the mental and emotional facilities of a seven year old.

About I get to my negatives later, so here are the positive-

1) Family- Nikki finally comes up to the duty of her family to support them, in a good way. She makes up to them and puts an effort to become a part of their lives. I enjoyed watching her father and brother come to terms with the new her. I can't say though that it is really a bad idea to make them so clueless, that hey maybe something is going on with my sister/daughter ( don't you think someone might have noticed?)

2) Setting- I know this might be kind of late, but I just realized that this book is set in Park City, Utah (a shout out to any Olympians from there). I honestly had to do some Wikipedia searching on this city to finally learn about it. It has about 8,000 people, so I guess it is a large enough size not everybody knows everybody, but in the book it feel so much bigger. I like how the setting feels like an actual place you could visit and normal people could live. 

That is about all I can say I enjoyed. I felt that the book was just dragging on forever. I could have just read the last couple of pages to get the gist of it. This love triangle just dragging on till the last ten pages and it made me upset. I hate bad end of trilogies more than sequel slumpers because so far the author delivers then boom they just a drop a piece of terribly bad disappointing writing on you. 

I never really did understand Nikki. She was given such a good chance at life had so much and then decides to screw with it by going on with Jack and Cole. Jack I never liked because he was  just a big old jock that never understood that he could make Nikki that much stronger. This book he became threatening and reckless. Cole however saw the strength she could offer as  the Queen, but no she hates the idea of being a reckoning.  Cole even with memory loss showed his love toward Nikki. The plot however was just running around looking for stuff to help them bring down the Everneath, all the action was concentrated too much at the end with no real twists in betrayal and it was a bit too easy.

This book was something that just ruined the series. I was a Team Cole and I can deal with losing the love triangle teams, but  I can't handle killing so many people without stories or a chance that maybe they will kill a story. The slow plot with such a drastic changes. This book is vital if you have read the first two books of the Everneath trilogy, but don't be surprised if you don't like the hype or any real conclusion. 

__________

Hey,
If you at all routinely read this blog or just found it; I would love if you emailed, commented, and subscribed.

Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment