Thursday, June 12, 2014

Book Haul




So some of these books are mine, so of them are from the library.

The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
My friend recently went to Amsterdam and recommended I read the book. I was cleaning my room the other day and found it under my bed and put it on my to read list. I think I'm finally at the age I can appreciate it because one of my friends read it at 8 and I don't think she got it.

Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
I might see her on tour with Leigh Bardugo and wanted to get started on her story. It looks like an interestign dystopian novel with teens stuck in a Walmart like store.

The One by Keira Cass
I've been waiting for this forever. I loved The Selection and The Elite. America must finally decide which person to choose. I was so happy I found it on the library's express shelf; I started hyperventilating.

Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes
This is required summer reading. I remember reading it in 4th grade and falling in love with it. I am rereading it to see what I missed and the themes seem a lot more mature than I remember them. This copy I accidentally (maybe) took from my fifth grade teacher's library I recently found in the front cover.

The Story of Owen by E.K. Johnston
That cover is plain cool. Rural Canada, boy, and dragons what more could one be looking for in a new debut (I think) novel. I hope this is another fantasy dragon novel I like after Seraphina.

The Vigilante Poets of Selwyn Academy by Earl Mathews
Poets and bad reality shows are a recipe for awesomeness. I can't wait to see how boys save their art school along with laughing at bad reality show puns.

No comments:

Post a Comment