Saturday, July 5, 2014

The A to Z Book Survey


I originally found this survey on Amber’s blog The Mile Long Book Shelf. This survey is from The Perpetuel Page Turner. I like doing surveys especially after the Fairytale Survey, so her is the A-z Book Survey.

 



Author you’ve read the most books from:

I don’t have a Goodreads, but looking at my bookshelf I can definitely say Rick Riordan. He has the Percy Jackson series (5), Heroes of Olympus (4/5 published), The Kane Chronicles (3), and some of the companion books. So hehhe…

 

Best Sequel Ever:

The best sequel ever… Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo. I love the angst and the pent up tightness that we got from it.

Currently Reading:

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain for summer reading

 

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Water or tea, but I don't usually drink anything at all while read

 

E-reader or Physical Book?

Physical book, though e-readers are useful because older books are free on my 3rd edition kindle (don't laugh it still works)

 

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Well, I'm still not in high school but there are a lot of datable characters. The most realistic (hot guys that are not insane killers- me realizing most of my book character crushes are that) .... that leaves very few choices... Hmmm... Probably I would have had a crush on Harry Potter *blushes*

 

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

 

Hidden Gem Book:

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

 

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

Discovering Harry Potter that lead me to fantasy, Harry Potter, and basically every other fantasy book that has changed my life with other worlds

 

Just Finished:

                               The Vigilante Poets of Selwyn Academy by Kate Hattemer

 

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

Well... you know none the inappropriate stuff or summer romance or aliens or books in other languages or stuff I don't like

 

Longest Book You’ve Read:

The Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling... A whopping 732 pages I think

 

Major book hangover because of:

The Ring & the Crown by Melissa De La Cruz- I don’t know why I didn’t even love it

 

Number of Bookcases You Own:

My book cases are built into my wall, but of my own books about two shelves. In my house about 7 book cases

 

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

I reads a lot of books multiple times if I'm really anxious about a sequel but I reread The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan some many times that I almost memorized it

 

Preferred Place To Read:

Anywhere that I can read, that's what is great about reading you can do it just about anywhere. I personally love reading on my bed though.

 

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
When people say impossible, they usually mean improbable"- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo The quote is by Nikolai a prince and privateer; it is inspiring because it tell you not be satisfied with what anybody tells you and to test the limits till there are no limits.

 

Reading Regret:

I regret not being able to stick with classics because I just get so frustrated with the language

 

 

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

I don't have any series I HAVE to finish but it would be nice to read the Lux Books by Jennifer L. Armentrout

 

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Ruin& Rising by Leigh Bardugo, Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling, The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

 

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Leigh Badugo- I've already convinced three people to read it in about a month which is a record for someone who never fangirls about books (besides the Grisha Trilogy) in real life

 

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

 

Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers. I NEED that book for my life. I adore how Robin balances romance, killing and political rivalries.

 

Worst Bookish Habit:

1. Not getting library receipts and forgetting to return them

2. Reading in the bathroom (*blushes*) Thank the Lord that library books have plastic covers

3. Forgetting a bookmark and expecting myself to remember the page number which never happens

 

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. & E.B. … I have never read it, but it’s my Mom’s old book and she says at some point in college it will come in handy (seriously doubting that)

 

Your latest book purchase:

Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

The Vigilante Poets of Selwyn Academy by Kate Hattemer 12:30ish

 

I have deduced from the blog post that I

A) Blush too much

B) Read way TOOO much Rick Riordan

C) Don’t own a lot of books

No comments:

Post a Comment