Friday, January 23, 2015

Meet the Book Blogger//Check-in

Instead of doing a specialized post for this tag I decided that I would do a simple check in. This is just to give a glimpse into my non-bookish life (I'm surprised I have one).


Listening to: Crazy by Kat Dahlia [Itunes]
Crazy just has these amazing vocals of making it seem like a diary entry rather than a scripted song written by a person at a desk. There's also this easy undertone without Crazy getting too harsh; it's just these simple guitar chords and varied percussion . It's not only the instruments, but Kat Dahlia seems to be made for this song with her voice that has been smoothed by a stream, but still has the roughness of  passion. 

Podcasting to: Call Your Girlfriend [Podcast Website]
Call Your Girlfriend fits its description well with being the home of my new best friends. Hearing Anne Friedman plus Aminatou Sow seems to give me a gift all wrapped up every other week. As a person who severely lacks female friends, this podcast makes my day. It's random, it's life, it's all the stuff I don't get elsewhere.



Watching: The Imitation Game [Movie Website]
Benedict Cumberbatch... brilliant mathematician.... sad endings... spies where has this movie been all my life?!? I simply adore this British biopics. Sure the movie probably wasn't entirely historically accurate, but it was beautifully put together in how it showed the social difficulties for Alan Turing and the exasperation of the Enigma-cracking team.

I'm going to clear this up first-- this book is for extra-credit for history, not pleasure reading.  I'm ashamed to say that it has taken me forever to get through this book because of the sheer info dump and soul-crushing length of this book. Hopefully, I'll finish it before the world ends.

2 comments:

  1. *perks up* UMMMMM DID SOMEONE SAY BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH IGNORE THE OBSCENE AGE DIFFERENCE HE IS STILL MY HUSBAND. I need to watch that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the spirit Summer! We will find a way to make Benedict Cumberbatch to stop aging and ignore the obscene age difference. :)

      Amelia @ YA Bookologists (ya-bookologists.blogspot.com)

      Delete