Friday, May 29, 2015

Review: The Sin Eater's Daughter

The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury 

Published by Scholastic Press March 1, 2015

336 Pages

Source: Library 

I am the perfect weapon.
I kill with a single touch.

Twylla is blessed. The Gods have chosen her to marry a prince, and rule the kingdom. But the favour of the Gods has it's price. A deadly poison infuses her skin. Those who anger the queen must die under Twylla's fatal touch.

Only Lief, an outspoken new guard, can see past Twylla's chilling role to the girls she truly is.

Yet in a court as dangerous and the queen's, some truths should not be told...


The Sineater's Daughter was oddly dry. My favorite librarian had highly recommended it as one of the best books she had read lately, but personally I just couldn't stomach it well. It followed my checklist for how I usually like books with a set plot and character development, however I didn't find any new twists in the book. The worldbuilding itself is fine, yet the world was almost stereotypically high fantasy with a country struggling with a neighbor country who is richer. The country has royalty that backstabs each other and has magic. The characters who betray each other are also totally expected as all uou have to do is flip every character's initial portrayal. Personally I did not love this book, but I see the advantage of if you want a classic Scholastic high fantasy.

Rating: 2 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I agree, this definitely was dry. I'm currently attempting to read it, but it's just not interesting enough to make me want to get past the first few chapters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only got through it because I promised my librarian to read it.

      Amelia @ YA Bookologists

      Delete